Fundraising is a crucial part of The Unicorn Foundation as we raise funds for research grants, patient support groups and for our NET Nurse Hotline.
Set Up a Fundraising Page On Our Website!
It’s quick and easy to set up a fundraising page directly on the Unicorn Foundation Website. Just follow these three easy steps:
1. Create an Account – this lets us know who you are, and give you a way to login and manage your fundraising page over time
2. Create your fundraising page – add your name, photo, and a brief message about why you’re fundraising
3. Share the page with your friends – once you’ve created your page, share it with your friends, family and co-workers to help raise awareness and funds for the Unicorn Foundation
See How Our Supporters are Fundraising
Check out our growing community of fundraisers here! You and join them, set up your fundraising page here!
Ideas for Fundraising
We are frequently asked for ways an individual can help the Unicorn Foundation – and we say becoming an official Unicorn Supporter and organising your own fundraising event is the best way to raise funds and awareness for NET patients.
The Unicorn Foundation relies on the community for funding, so it is very rewarding when we receive donations that are the result of someone’s hard work on our behalf.
Some Fundraising Ideas:
- Run a Fun Run on your own or with a team
- Hold a Movie Night. Book out a theatre and charge $20 with the proceeds going to the Unicorn Foundation
- Host a morning tea at your workplace everyone bring a plate and donate $5
- Host a Ladies Lunch
- Christmas in July, Spring Racing Carnival, Christmas lunch
- Have a birthday coming up? Ask for donations in lieu of presents
As with all charitable organisations, we are bound by the Charitable Fundraising Act, which was passed to protect donors by ensuring that all fundraising activities are undertaken according to the law. Therefore, it is important that we endorse and approve all activities that are embarked upon on behalf of the Foundation. Once your are issued with a Letter of Authority by the Unicorn Foundation you will be able to use our name in promoting your event to your friends, family and the community.
Please ring us on 0419 871 975 or email email@example.com to discuss your coming fundraising activity.
And lastly but most importantly thank you for your support and good luck!