November 10 is World NET Awareness Day and we need your help! Use your social media accounts to help us raise awareness about NET Cancer and highlight the issue for people living with NETs.
Twitter handle: @netcancerday
Additional hashtags (if needed): #netcancer
Maximum message length: 140 characters, however best to use only 120 characters so people can retweet your message easily with RT @netcancerday in front of the post.
Search for politicians, celebrities, media to tag in your tweets.
Change your profile picture to our NET CANCER ribbon
Share the messages with your friends and followers
• 5-7 out of every 100.000 are diagnosed with #netcancer each year http://incalliance.org
• 50% of #netcancer patients have secondary growths at diagnosis http://incalliance.org
• 60-80% of patients are diagnosed with #NETCANCER at advanced stage showing the need for symptom awareness http://incalliance.org
• Misdiagnosing is common. On average #netcancer patients see 6 healthcare professionals over 12 visits before a correct diagnosis http://incalliance.org
• Symptoms of #netcancer are often similar to more common conditions: IBS, asthma, diabetes http://incalliance.org
• #netcancer can arise throughout the body in organs that contain #neuroendocrine cells such as the stomach, bowel, lungs, pancreas http://incalliance.org
• Nearly all #NETCANCER are considered to be malignant as they grow uncontrollably and spread http://incalliance.org
• More than 80% of #netcancer patients stopped working as a result of their cancer http://incalliance.org
• Patients treated in a #netcancer specialist centre feel more empowered and knowledgeable about their treatment and care http://incalliance.org
• The incidence of #neuroendocrine cancer is low, but #netcancer patients are everywhere. Thankfully, many live long & happy lives. #netcancerday http://incalliance.org
• Over 1000 events held throughout the world on November 10th to promote awareness of #netcancerday http://incalliance.org
• #netcancer if you don’t suspect it you can’t detect it #netcancerday http://incalliance.org
• If you're organizing an event for NET Cancer Awareness Day, share it by tweeting to @netcancerday http://incalliance.org
• More than 8,000 people signed our petition to promote awareness of #neuroendocrine tumors #netcancer. Sign our petition http://netcancerday.org