On Wednesday 16th August 2023, NECA facilitated the second NET Forum of the year at the Fiona Stanley Hospital Education Building in Perth. This was the first time that NECA has been back in Perth since 2018 and it was so very lovely to be back seeing so many familiar faces and welcoming some new ones as well.
We had a fantastic turnout with over 45 attendees which included patients, family, carers, and health professionals. The program had a wealth and diversity of expert presenters including:
- We had our Welcome, Introductions & NECA presentation from our CEO Meredith Cummins
- Dr William (Bill) McDonald, Nuclear Medicine Physician at Fiona Stanley Hospital and Royal Perth Hospital, gave an overview of PRRT and SIRT therapies.
- Dr Chris Lomma, Medical Oncologist at Fiona Stanley Hospital and Senior Lecturer at the Curtin University Medical School covered an overview of Medical Oncology Management of NETs
- Dr David Ransom, Medical Oncologist at Fiona Stanley Hospital in WA, and has also been the Principal Medical Advisor in WA Cancer and Palliative Care at the WA Department of Health. David is committed to ensuring that patients have equity of access, and safe quality of care and he discussed Clinical Trials Updates
- Jo Keyser and Lauren Knight, the Clinical Nurse Consultants for Rare Cancers across the statewide Cancer Network of West Australia, provided an overview on the Role of the rare and less-common cancers Clinical Nurse Consultant service.
- Meredith facilitated Q & A time, which fostered many great discussions on local and practical care considerations and personalised care.
Thank you so very much to all our speakers and to the wonderful WA audience for attending-despite the Matildas semi-final clashing on the night! This session was recorded and will be available on our website in the coming weeks. We look forward to returning in 2 years for the next Forum.
Our next and last forum for this year will be in Launceston. Be sure to register your interest if you would like to attend.